Many small businesses and independent entrepreneurs use Shopify as their eCommerce platform of choice. Its features include an intuitive design, configurable themes, and thousands of third-party apps. Even though Shopify has been operational for more than 14 years, it remains one of the most popular platforms in the world. Its simplicity and ease of use have a large following because of its simplicity and ease of use.
With Shopify, you can sell products, manage inventory, set up shipping, and do a lot more from a single interface. Tobias Lutke founded the business to make it easier for people to start their online stores. As Shopify grew, several companies started to build apps on top of the platform to enable added functionalities for merchants. For example, many Shopify apps for email marketing have cropped up to allow merchants to engage with their customers and drive customer lifetime value (LTV). Let’s look at the top 10 Shopify tips for merchants to get the most out of their Shopify stores.
Setting Up Your Online Store
Setting up a Shopify store is a relatively simple procedure. Setting up the correct profile before you start your internet business is, nevertheless, one of the most critical procedures. Shopify allows you to sign up with your email address or Facebook account. After you’ve signed up, follow the tips below to set up your store in less than an hour!
- Create engaging product descriptions
- Generate content with the use of machine learning algorithms that are tailored to your store’s audience
- Use AI writing assistants on Shopify to produce original and creative product images.
- Pick a theme that supports your brand’s values, vision, and mission
- Design your website layout that is easy to navigate, provides an appropriate atmosphere and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Build trust by offering hassle-free shipping
Optimizing Multimedia Search For Your Contents
Users can use multimedia search to find your products by watching videos, reading text, or listening to audio recordings. It is crucial to consider optimizing the content to attract the right audience. The content on your Shopify site has been optimized for search engines. Increased organic traffic, higher conversion rates, and a better ranking on SERPs are advantages of enhancing multimedia search engine optimization (SEO). You may improve your multimedia SEO in a variety of ways, including:
- Create a custom field for your product and add it as an option in the search bar. It helps you target specific customers who have searched for similar products in the past.
- Do proper keyword research before adding new tags or fields to your site.
- Using multi-channel approaches helps you discover on all platforms such as Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, Echo, etc.
- Upload quality pictures and crisp descriptions
Automation Using Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Shopify has started employing artificial intelligence (AI) to automate operations, including product recommendations, checkout and shipping options, and customer service. Customers now have access to customer service around the clock, no matter what time of day or week it is using this technological trend. The following are some of the AI-powered automation processes available at Shopify:
- Using keywords in chatbots to offer customer support
- Reading SEO insights to track the store performance
- Conduct giveaways and loyalty contests using virtual assistants
- Establishing email marketing options to reach out to the masses
Creating Social Media Storefronts
Social media storefronts, often referred to as social media marketing automation tools, are software platforms that assist businesses in managing their social media presence daily. They’re the channels through which marketers can connect with their target audiences and engage them with relevant content. The software makes publishing to social media networks and scheduling posts easier. Similarly, social login apps streamline the purchasing process with one-click logins. The following are some of the benefits of creating social network storefronts for your Shopify store:
- Your followers will be able to purchase your products directly from your social media posts.
- Consumers can click the ‘buy now button and make instant purchases, shortening the time between marketing and selling your product.
- Using social media marketing tools expands your company’s reach and solid social media presence.
Constantly Updating Your Payment Options
It would help if you kept your payment options up to date frequently. If you don’t do this, your company may miss out on possibilities to obtain new clients. Customers sometimes find shopping on an eCommerce site unpleasant if they do not have enough payment choices and shift their money around. You should stay up with the market and technical developments and be aware of new payment methods gaining popularity. Here are some helpful hints for keeping your clients happy when it comes to money collection:
- Add the most common payment methods in the market such as credit card, debit card, PayPal, bank account transfers, wire transfer, and cash.
- Include options such as PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Venmo constantly emerging in the market.
- Evolution in the market and technology also demands online stores to accept cryptocurrency as payments.
Apply Video Marketing
Video marketing is a highly successful type of digital marketing that can boost your conversion rate. This type of digital marketing is an excellent strategy to reach out to your target demographic and raise brand awareness. Creating videos for your Shopify store is becoming an increasingly popular eCommerce trend, with more and more businesses including video into their marketing plans. Here are some suggestions to get you started on making eye-catching videos for your online marketplace:
- Create segments in your video to keep your viewers informed about the video content
- Include a call-to-action at the end of your video that will help engage viewers and encourage them to make a purchase
- Keep your videos short with a duration of 2 to 3 minutes and simple.
- Do not show too much product or too many details in your video. Remember, you are trying to sell the idea of buying rather than the product.
- Use a variety of camera angles and shooting techniques.
- Get creative with your editing style and music choices.
- Keep your videos informative with your store’s details and sitemap.
Improving Customer Satisfaction With Product Customization
Customization of products is a vital aspect of emerging eCommerce trends. It aids in expanding the consumer base and retaining them for a prolonged period. Customization of products has been beneficial to eCommerce companies since it provides an individualized experience for a customer. The following tips will make customizing products a lot easier:
- Understand the needs of the client and then provide them with a custom-made solution that meets their expectations
- Adding new features or functions to the product as per the evolving eCommerce trends
- Make sure that you can customize the product on a digital platform. If not, you will need to invest in creating an online store or building an app with customization.
- Ensure that the customization process does not take too much time or money. Customers often get frustrated with waiting for their order to come in or having to pay
- Could you keep it simple?
Enhancing Virtual Experience Using Augmented Reality (AR)
Augmented reality (AR) technology allows users to see virtual items and information placed on the actual world. It is also a more immersive approach for consumers to connect with digital content. In eCommerce, AR assists shoppers in picturing the things they are looking at in your store. Users can see their items in real-world surroundings and receive immediate feedback from buyers using this technological trend. Here is how you can make the most of AR on Shopify:
- Provide your customers with an option of trying your products virtually
- Give your customers in-depth contextual information about your products
- Use AR Quick Look and 3D Configurator apps to support your AR features on the website
- Keep exploring new products and areas where you can incorporate this feature
While the digital revolution has ushered in a slew of new business models, it has also ushered in a slew of environmental issues. A sustainable eCommerce strategy is both environmentally and financially sound. Sustainable eCommerce practices can assist you in reducing your company’s ecological effect. You may lower your carbon impact and save money on energy expenses by following these guidelines:
- Reduce packaging waste
- Use recycled materials
- Promote recycling programs
- Reduce or eliminate the waste generated by shipping
- Choose durable goods over disposable ones
- Provide a transparent supply chain with clear labelling and traceability
- Using renewable energy sources for production and transportation
- Use eco-friendly packaging materials
Following Ethical Business Practices
The process of providing a product or service that is good to society is known as ethical marketing. In the eCommerce industry, ethical eCommerce practices are a must. It is critical to keep a positive reputation with customers and be open about its policies. It assists consumers in making educated selections, and retailers maintain a positive reputation. Here’s how you can stay on the right side of the law on Shopify:
- Create a transparent company culture by being open to feedback and feedback forums
- Be transparent with pricing, shipping costs, etc.
- Mark your products with the country of origin and the country of manufacturing
- You should not use deceptive images of your products
- Be mindful of your return policies
Above were some of the easiest and most effective tricks for you to manage your online store on Shopify. We hope this article helps you gain a strong foothold in the era of changing technological trends.